Project X (1968)
Released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, Project X was produced and directed by cult filmmaker William Castle. The film features a cast of great character actors, including Henry Jones, Harold Gould and Monte Markham, and animated sequences courtesy of Hanna-Barbera.
A secret agent is brought back from cryogenic suspension after surviving a plane crash during a mission, in order to uncover a secret germ formula that had been hidden away years earlier. As part of the plan, through a complex scientific charade the agent is convinced that he’s a gangster living in the year 1968. But the vital memories are being suppressed, so the authorities use ultra-advanced technologies to uncover the secret.
- Money Back Guarantee: William Castle’s Ingenious Gimmicks
- Audio commentary with film writers Allan Bryce and David Flint
Acclaimed horror directors Jen and Sylvia Soska, aka The Twisted Twins (American Mary), are back with their next nightmare – the bloody, brutal and deranged Rabid!
After aspiring fashion designer Rose (Laura Vandervoort) suffers a disfiguring traffic accident she undergoes a radical and untested stem-cell treatment. The experimental transformation is a miraculous success, transforming her into a ravishing beauty. But she soon develops an uncontrollable sexual appetite, resulting in several torrid encounters, which sees her lovers become rabid carriers of death and disease. As the illness mutates and the contagion spreads out of control, all hell breaks loose as the infected rampage through the city on a violent and gruesome killing spree.
Based on the original horror from David Cronenberg, Rabid stars Laura Vandervoort (Jigsaw, Bitten), Benjamin Hollingsworth (Cold Pursuit) and Phil ‘C.M. Punk’ Brooks (Girl on the Third Floor). Written and directed by Jen and Sylvia Soska.
- The Quiet Revolution: State, Society and the Canadian Horror Film – Part Two – An Emerging Revolution: New Territories & Diverse Fears; a brand new feature-length documentary exploring the social contexts behind Canadian horror cinema from filmmaker and author Xavier Mendik (Blu-ray only!)
- Behind the scenes with Jen & Sylvia Soska
- An interview with Laura Vandervoor
- FrightFest presents The Soska Sisters’ on set message to the FrightFest 2018 audience with Paul McEvoy