Lionsgate UK are pleased to announce three more cult classics joining their Vestron Collector’s Series. Originally released by Vestron Video, these classic horror and sci-fi titles are restored and remastered on Blu-ray, and packed with hours of special features. Lionsgate UK presents Class of 1999, Parents, and The Unholy on Blu-ray, 25th February.
Class of 1999 (1990)
The time is the future, and youth gang violence is so high that the areas around some schools have become “free fire zones” into which not even the police will venture. When Miles Langford (Malcolm McDowell), the principal of Kennedy High School, decides to take his school back from the gangs, robotics specialist Dr. Robert Forrest (Stacy Keach) provides “tactical education units”. Human-like androids have been programmed to teach and are supplied with weapons to handle discipline problems. These kids will get a lesson in staying alive!
- Audio commentary with producer/director Mark L. Lester
- School Safety: Interviews with director/producer Mark L. Lester and co-producer Eugene Mazzola
- New Rules: An interview with screenwriter C. Courtney Joyner
- Cyber-Teachers from Hell: Interviews with special effects creators Eric Allard and Rick Stratton
- Future of Discipline: An interview with director of photography Mark Irwin
- Theatrical trailer / TV spots
- Still gallery
- Video promo
Meet the Laemles. Dad’s got a great job. Mom has all the modern conveniences a happy homemaker could ask for. And ten-year-old Michael has neat new friends and two parents who kill him with kindness. They’re the all-American family… or are they? Michael can’t figure out why his family serves leftovers every night. “Leftovers? Well, what were they before they were leftovers?” questions young Michael. “Leftovers-to-be,” smiles dad. Dad’s bringing home the bacon… and a whole lot more. Michael’s parents are getting away with murder – making home where the horror is!
- Audio commentary with director Bob Balaban and producer Bonnie Palef
- Isolated score selections and audio interview with composer Jonathan Elias
- Leftovers to Be: An interview with screenwriter Christopher Hawthorne
- Mother’s Day: An interview with actress Mary Beth Hurt
- Inside Out: An interview with director of photography Robin Vidgeon
- Vintage Tastes: An interview with decorative consultant Yolanda Cuomo
- Theatrical trailer / Radio spots
- Still gallery
The Unholy (1988)
In New Orleans, a city with a dark underside of black magic and satanic worship, two priests have been brutally murdered at St. Agnes Church. Now the unholy reigns, only to be challenged by the purest of mortal souls. Father Michael (Ben Cross), believed to be spiritually blessed, is appointed to the ungodly parish. Is he really the “chosen one”, strong enough to fight such ravishing temptation, such raw evil? Or is he simply the third to die? Some say Father Michael hasn’t got a prayer.
- Audio commentary with director Camilo Vila
- Isolated score selections and audio interview with composer Roger Bellon
- Audio interview with production designer & co-writer Fernando Fonseca, featuring isolated selections from his unused score
- Sins of the Father: An interview with Ben Cross
- Demons in the Flesh: The Monsters of The Unholy
- Prayer Offerings: An interview with production designer & co-writer Fernando Fonseca
- Original ending featuring optional audio commentary with producer Mathew Hayden
- Theatrical trailer / TV spots / Radio spots
- Original storyboard gallery
- Still gallery