Waxwork Records is thrilled to announce the release of Get Out original motion picture soundtrack music composed by Michael Abels. Written and directed by accomplished actor and long time horror-fanatic Jordan Peele, Get Out is a critically acclaimed 2017 American horror film starring Daniel Kaluuya and Allison Williams. The film received numerous accolades and won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. It was also nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor for Kaluuya.
Included in the new deluxe double LP release of Get Out are exclusive liner notes in the form of an in depth essay by Jordan Peele that illustrates the director’s first meeting with Michael Abels, their approach to the film’s music, and how it all came together to conjure a new sound.
“I had some ideas. I envisioned distinctly black voices harmonically creating an unnatural sound. The absence of hope. The void of the voiceless. A disembodied Negro spiritual. The Sunken Place.”
GET OUT ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK MUSIC SPECIFICATIONS:
- The complete soundtrack by Michael Abels
- Available on vinyl in its entirety for the first time
- 2xLP 180 gram “Garden Party” green marbled vinyl
- New artwork by Leslie Herman
- Includes printed insert with exclusive liner notes by Jordan Peele
- Deluxe packaging
- Old style tip-on gatefold jackets with satin coating