“This is Tokyo. Once a city of six million people. What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man’s imagination. Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.”
Comet TV is bringing the heat this Monster Summer with the biggest, baddest and most atomic creature-features; featuring Godzilla, The Giant Claw, Mechagodzilla, and perhaps even a few Astro-Monsters!
Typical summer activities generally include outdoor BBQs, trips to the beach, and taking dips in swimming pools, but kaiju eiga fans may choose to stay indoors this year. Comet TV will be airing a double-header of classic monster movies every Sunday at 8/7C throughout the summer; only on television digi-networks and online at CometTV.com worldwide.
The first film each night will feature your favorite giant lizard, whilst the second stars some lesser-known beasts. The Godzilla films featured run the gamut from his 1954 debut Gojira, to the silly Son of Godzilla, to the kaiju overload of Destroy All Monsters. As for the other monsters featured, you can look forward to campy classics like the King Kong/Frankenstein hybrid Konga, the Korean Godzilla equivalent Yongary, Monster from the Deep, and the legendary War of the Gargantuas.
MONSTER SUMMER GIVEAWAY
“We need an exterminator, one that would drive away King Ghidorah.” Comet TV and Attack from Planet B want everyone to enjoy their summer, catch some rays and protect themselves from an atomic-breathing beast, by giving one randomly chosen person the firepower to win Monster Summer merchandise. “Are you serious?”
The Monster Summer pack includes:
- Limited Edition Monster Summer Beach Towel: Only available via this promotion, catch Godzilla having a blast with one of two designs. You’ll be the envy of your friends and have some extra protection if a monster comes from the depths to destroy the planet.
- Monster Summer Beach Ball: Jump in the pool, grab a beer, and challenge King Ghidorah to a game of volley ball!
- Comet TV SPF Pouch: Beat the rays with this SPF pouch. Apply liberally to ward off the sun, The Beast from the Haunted Cave, Rodan or any other variety of lizard-like beast.
- Comet TV Cooler Bag: Listen, even Godzilla needs a place to keep his brews chilled. Let’s be honest, even the King of the Monsters needs to beat the heat, and what better way than to crack open a cold one?
- Comet TV Film Card: Perfect for kaiju fans! Exclusive to this giveaway.
In the comment section below, please let us know what your favorite monster movie is, and you will automatically be entered into the competition.
Competition ends Friday, June 15th 2018
Terms and conditions:
This giveaway is open to US residents only; one entrant per mailing address. Deadline to enter is midnight on the June 15th, 2018. The winner will be notified by email on the June 16th, 2018 and must respond within 72 hours to claim their prize. The prize will be sent via either FedEx or USPS. The email address we will use to contact you will be the one registered to your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter or Google account. The winner will be subject to eligibility verification. Attack from Planet B and Comet TV has the right to remove entries if any of the above terms and conditions have not been followed.