Announced yesterday on Friday the 13th, Waxwork Records proudly presents the Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter original motion picture soundtrack on deluxe double LP. Directed by Joseph Zito and released in 1984, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter’s score was composed by the legendary Harry Manfredini, and featured selections from the first three installments of the Friday the 13th series, as well as entire suite of score music that was composed specifically for the forth installment.
Sourced from the original master tapes, directly taken from the vaults of Paramount Pictures, Waxwork Records have created the ultimate soundtrack experience for the fourth installment (and my personal favorite) of the beloved Friday the 13th film franchise.
The deluxe double LP soundtrack from Waxwork Records is pressed on 180 gram colored vinyl, and housed in an old style tip-on gatefold jacket with satin coating and spot gloss varnish. The soundtrack also includes an art print, exclusive liner notes from director Joseph Zito, and all new artwork by Christian Bravery of Leading Light Design.
FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK SPECIFICATIONS:
• 180 gram colored vinyl “Tommy Jarvis” vinyl (Mask White with Green Splatter and Blue Swirl) or “Camp Crystal Lake” variant (Side A/B w/ Blue Smoke and Side C/D w/ Green Smoke)
• Re-mastered From the original master tapes
• Deluxe old style gatefold jacket with satin coating and spot gloss varnish
• Art print
• Exclusive director liner notes by Joseph Zito
• New art by Christian Bravery
01. What Boy, M’am / Main Titles
03. The Morgue
04. Hacksaw to Throat
05. Squeezing the Banana
06. Dock Prank
07. Stalled Car
08. Tommy’s Room
09. Midnight Skinny Dip
10. Paul Gets the Point
11. Mom Looks for Kids
12. Lights Out
13. Jimmy is Screwed / Tina Thrown / Ted Watches Movie
14. Lights! Camera! Hacktion!
15. You Give Me a Cleaver
16. Trish and Rob
17. Tommy Reads / Trish Pleads / Rob and Trish Meet Jason
18. La Muerte De Jason
In addition to the release of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter on vinyl, Waxwork Records presents the re-release of their vinyl soundtrack to the Halloween anthology film Trick ‘r Treat, as a deluxe picture disc set. Directed by Michael Dougherty, Trick ‘r Treat has become a modern cult-classic and is now traditional Autumn viewing in our household, alongside John Carpenter’s Halloween.
Trick ‘r Treat’s maliciously whimsical approach of breaking down Halloween traditions has made impressive and beloved horror films to date.
Waxwork Records worked closely with both Michael Dougherty and composer Douglas Pipes to create the expanded double LP, which features over an hour of music that has been mastered for vinyl. For art duties, Waxwork Records brought on board the incredibly talented Francesco Francavilla (Marvel, DC Comics), who created the full LP packaging artwork with approval from director Michael Dougherty himself.
Waxwork Records officially acquired the full audio stems from Trick ‘r Treat to create a full bonus ‘Spooky Sound-FX’ album, constructed, mixed, and edited by Evan Chen; the sound designer on Michael Dougherty’s 1996 animated short Season’s Greetings which featured Sam’s first appearance, and inspired Trick ‘r Treat. Just like the classic Disney LP, ‘Chilling, Thrilling Sounds from the Haunted House‘, the included ‘Spooky Sound-FX’ album will take the listener through the streets of Warren Valley, Ohio on a cold Halloween night filled with vampires, werewolves, rock quarry zombies, and Sam himself.
TRICK ‘R TREAT ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK SPECIFICATIONS:
• Double 180 gram picture discs
• Deluxe heavyweight tip-on gatefold jacket with satin coating
• Full artwork and design by Francesco Francavilla
• Liner notes by director Michael Dougherty and composer Douglas Pipes
• An inserted 11” x 22” poster
• Bonus ‘Spooky Sound-FX’ album on Side D
01. Spooky Guidelines
02. It’s Halloween, Not Hanukkah / Main Title
03. Meet Charlie
04. Charlie Bites It
05. Father and Son
06. Meet Rhonda
07. To the Quarry
08. The Halloween Schoolbus Massacre
09. The Elevator / Laurie on the Prowl
10. Halloween Prank
11. Not a Trick / Red and Black
12. Laurie’s First Time
13. Old Mr. Kreeg
14. Pumpkin Shooter / Meet Sam
15. The Bus Driver
16. The Neighborhood
17. Trick ‘r Treat
18. End Credits
20. Always Check Your Candy
21. Wilkins’ Backyard
22. Rock Quarry
23. Sheep’s Meadow
24. Old Mr. Kreeg’s House
Waxwork Records have also released ten large vibrant and detailed 1.75″ Friday the 13th enamel pins (spanning the first ten installments of the series), and four Trick ‘r Treat enamel pins; designed by Ghoulish Gary Pullin. Double rubber clutches on the back mount the pins to printed backing cards.