Preparing for the Zombies and other emergencies There are all kinds of emergencies we can prepare ourselves for, but non so important or fun as a Zombie invasion! You may mock, but you will be grateful for this information when they attack! In the absence of a future invasion from zombies, you may even learn a thing or two about how to deal with a real emergency! Better Safe than Sorry So what do you need to do before zombies…or hurricanes or pandemics for example, actually happen? First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house. This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored). Below are a few items you should include in your kit..
* Water 1 gallon per person per day
* Food stock up on non-perishable items that you eat regularly
* Medications this includes prescription and non-prescription medications
* Tools and Supplies utility knife, duct tape, battery powered radio, etc
* Sanitation and Hygiene household bleach, soap, towels, etc..
* Clothing and Bedding a change of clothes for each family member and blankets and maybe most importantly; some kind of protective clothing. Better still would be some proper body armour . For instance www.safeguardarmor.com, supply some of the toughest industries out there. Get Quipped from them and you’ll stand a much better chance.
* Important documents copies of your driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate to name a few
* First Aid supplies although you are screwed if a zombie bites you, you can use these supplies to treat basic cuts and scratches or even twisted limbs!
Emergency Plan… Where to go and what to do when the Zombies Strike.
1. Identify the types of emergencies that are possible in your area. Besides a zombie apocalypse, this may include floods, hurricanes, or earthquakes. If you are unsure contact your local council for more information.
2. Pick a meeting place for your family to regroup in case zombies invade your home… Pick one place right outside your home for sudden emergencies and one place outside of your neighbourhood in case you are unable to return home right away.
3. Identify your emergency contacts. Make a list of local contacts like the police, fire department, and your local zombie response team. Also identify an out-of-town contact that you can call during an emergency to let the rest of your family know you are ok.
4. Plan your evacuation route. When zombies are hungry they won’t stop until they get food (i.e., brains), which means you need to get out of town fast! Plan where you would go and multiple routes you would take ahead of time so that the flesh eaters don’t have a chance! This is also helpful when natural disasters strike and you have to take shelter fast.
Hopefully, all this information will help you survive a Zombie apocalypse, or indeed, any other natural disaster that may befall you and your family!